DON'T FORGET TO SUPPORT OUR ATHLETES PARTICIPATING IN THE BRANDON BRAWL THIS SATURDAY! - THERE WILL BE NO CLASS!
# COMPTRAIN MINDSET
**“75% Emotional, 25% Physical”**
It’s said that the hardest part about anything is starting. And that once we just take that first step, the successive action seems to just fall into place. And there’s absolutely merit to that… an object in motion tends to stay in motion (Newton).
But beyond the surface we want to recognize the truth about us as human beings… that we are emotional creatures. And that our ultimate success is less dependant on the physical actions we take, and more on the emotional backings behind them.
We can conceptualize “successful action” in this way: 25% of it is the physical side. The actual hands in the dirt, grunt work. This stuff matters, of course. But these specific and granular “whats” only account to a quarter of the recipe.
75% of it is the emotional side. The story that plays between our ears as we’re underway. We’re going to hit bumps in the road, and how we internalize obstacles determines our path forward more than anything else. How do we respond when it’s a “bad day?”, and we’re missing every single snatch attempt?
When we think about it that way, successful action isn’t just about what we’re doing, and far more about how we’re doing it. Despite the battle being in our hands, it’s won in our mind.
# DESCRIPTION & STIMULUS*
"Fortitude" is a CompTrain Benchmark workout that combines two simple movements over a longer time domain
* We'll alternate on the minute between these two stations for 30 minutes, or 15 rounds total
* While the workout has a prescribed rep scheme, let's adjust these numbers to something you are confident you could complete in around 50 seconds per movement each round
* Your score today will be the lowest rounds of row calories + your lowest round of burpees
* **For Example:**
* If you complete the 15 calorie row and 15 burpees on every round, your score for the day is 30
* If you are able to maintain 15 calories on the rower, but drop to 12 burpees in one round, your score for the day is 27
Alternating On the Minute x 30 (15 Rounds each):
Even Minutes: 15/12 Calorie Row
Odd Minutes: 15 Burpees