Tomorrow is hump day! And you may be feeling a little sore or tired from the last two days of working out. If so, that's perfectly normal! If it's to the point where it hurts to get out of bed, or sit down then maybe take a day off and come on back the rest of the week.
If you are just stiff, there are some easy ways you can work on recovery:
- Drink a lot of water! You want to aim for 1/2 of your body weight in ounces every day. For example, if I weigh 100 pounds, I need to drink 50 ounces of water per day.
- Stretch! Get up from your desk several times throughout the day to do a few minutes of stretching. Check out our Yoga class twice a month, or subscribe to a service like ROMWOD.
- Infrared Sauna! Hey we have one! Take advantage of it after your workout by unplugging and sitting in there for 20 minutes.
- Epsom salt bath! The magnesium in the salt relaxes your tense muscles, and will help you sleep better..
- Get enough sleep! Sleep is so underrated. It is not an accomplishment to get by on just a little sleep. We need 7-9 hours in a cool, dark room to fully recover and heal and be ready to go the next day.
- Eat well! What you put into your body is not only your fuel, it is what every process and system uses to combat illness and keep you moving well. Stay away from pro-inflammatory foods like sugar, refined carbs, gluten, soy, corn, dairy, etc.
- Ask a coach! If you have a lingering issue, please talk to a coach on ways we can modify workouts for you or give you more specific tips to help with recovery.
We hope you're all enjoying the Free Week so far, there is still plenty of time to tell a friend!
30 AbMat Sit-ups
10 Alternating Dumbbell Snatches (55/40)
20 AbMat Sit-ups
10 Alternating Dumbbell Snatches (35/20)